Sunday, August 26, 2012

Meditation.....with The Beatles

Last Sunday we had our free Meditation & Study group. We had a nice crowd considering it was a beautiful Sunday evening in Michigan.  Numbers tend to go down in the summer since we are usually cooped up in the winter, in the summer us Michiganders are outside as much as possilbe.

OK, enough about the weather, let's get back to last Sunday. In walks this smiling ittle man who told me his name was Sam.  Sam heard about Santoha Yoga from Fred, one of our students.  Sam has a booth at Gibraltar Trade Center in Mt. Clemens where he sells incense, Buddha statues, things of that nature and that is how the two met. 

Sam was born and raised in India and has practiced yoga and meditation most of his life, so it was a honor to have him here.  He reminded me of the interviews I have seen of the His Holiness the Dalai Lama, always laughing and smiling and with that twinkle in their eyes.  You know the one I mean; where they know something we don't know. But we do know.  It really is no mystery if you think about it.  I am going to take a wild guess and say it might be the practice of meditation. Hmmmmm.
  
Sam went on to tell me that he was at a Ashram (a kind of spiritual retreat) back in the 60's.  In fact he was there at the same time The Beatles were there.  I will admit that I became a little star struck, the thought that at one time this constantly smiling man shared the same space, the same energy as The Beatles.  So I hugged him!  I had never met anyone who had met the Fab Four and it just seemed to be the thing to do.

Now I know that The Beatles dabbled in more than just meditation and I am not here to judge.  But remember they are the ones that reminded us that "all you need is love, love....love is all you need, love is all you need....and just breathe.





P.S.  I am always telling anyone who will listen that this practice of yoga has brought the most amazing people into my life. What else would bring Sam from GTC, his Holiness the Dalai Lama, The Beatles and little old me together!

No comments:

Post a Comment