Friday, October 5, 2012

Happy Anniversay Santosha Yoga!


This weekend we are joyfully celebrating Santosha Yoga's 3rd Anniversary. The saying "time flies when you are having fun" has never rang truer. It’s hard to believe that three years ago I was nervously signing a lease, hiring contractors and picking out paint colors.

People often comment to me that it was be wonderful that I have achieved my dreams.  Honestly teaching and owning a yoga studio was never in my line of vision.  The main reason I took the training was to deepen my knowledge and person practice.  I never intended to teach at all.

But apparently that isn't what the universe had in mind for me, and for that I am grateful.  Too often we allow ourselves to get pigeon holed into what we think society wants us to do, what is proper for our age, social status, etc. 

I had a new student come in the other day for her very first yoga class ever.  She said that she wasn't sure she should try it because her "friends" told her that she would never be able to do yoga.  I truly had to bite my tongue.  With friends like that who needs enemies.  I know, they thought they had her best interest in mind, but how many times in our lives does that happen to us, that we are afraid to spread out wings.  That's were the magic of yoga comes in. We are on a path that we think we should be on because that is what others told us instead of listening to our heart.

Yoga isn't all about the outer body or if we can touch our touch our toes, it is what we learn about ourselves on the way down.  It is about coming together and forming a community of like minded people.  I have seen friendships forms and even a romance blossom.

As I type this I am listening to Vishnu Blue warming up and doing a sound check for a Candle Light Yin class that they will be performing at 7:00 PM.  Dave & Abbey, who are the main energy of the group and own House of Yoga in Berkley, reached out to me when we first opened and have been friends every since. This practice of Yoga and owning Santosha has brought the most amazing people into my life.  I am truly blessed.

Thank you all for your continued support, energy and love.

Blessings and Namaste

T.

No comments:

Post a Comment