Monday, October 15, 2012

A Yoga Reality Check

Truth be told, I do still watch TV.  Not near as much as I used to though.  If I did get rid of our TV the man I live with would probably get rid of me and send me packing and I would be living at the studio.  He and I are definitely on different journeys when it comes to that, but we did promise each other for better or worse.

But lets get back to the point here, every time I turn around I hear of another reality show on the boob tube (when was the last time you heard that?).  It never ceases to amaze me that people allow cameras to follow them around to record the good, the bad and the ugly of their life.  Then again they are getting paid for it.

What will they think 5 or ten years from now when they sit down to watch it again?  Will they have any regrets or embarrassment of how they acted? Will their past come back to haunt them.

But let's look at it this way; we have our own reality show going on every day of our lives.  The good, bad and ugly of our lives are being recorded by the video camera in our mind.  Everything we do, say or think is being documented to determine what kind of future that we will have.  What we have happening here, my dear friends, is Karma.

Cause and effect, you reap what you sow; do unto others as you would have them do unto you.  However you want to phrase it, what is recorded today will come back to us in the future.  Think of Karma as a boomerang, if you throw a red one out and red boomerang will come back; throw a white one out, a white one comes back.  OK, so you get the picture.

So what kind of future do you want?  Well that all depends on you.  For the next few days, imagine that you have a camera crew following you around all the time.  But not only can they record your actions, they can record your thoughts also.  Would that change how you acted, spoke or thought knowing that it was going to come back one day as reruns to determine your future.  Practice love, compassion, joy and equanimity tomorrow because there is a camera crew following your every move.  And course, don't forget to breathe.



No comments:

Post a Comment